Home   Stamford   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Fire at Tixover House Care Home leads to residents being taken to Peterborough City Hospital





Two care home residents were taken to hospital after a fire.

A fire took hold at Tixover House Care Home on Monday evening (January 9).

Two men, who were bedbound on the first floor, had to be rescued by Lincolnshire fire crews.

Tixover House Care Home. Photo: Google
Tixover House Care Home. Photo: Google

They were taken to Peterborough City Hospital after suffering mild smoke inhalation and returned home yesterday (Tuesday).

Fire crews from Stamford, Uppingham, Oakham and Corby attended the care home in Tixover Grange were there for about four hours to put out the fire, which broke out at about 8.10pm. A support unit from Grantham was also called.

Police and the East Midlands Ambulance Service were also called to the fire.

Four paramedics in four ambulance cars, three crewed ambulances and a hazardous area response team attended to the residents and staff.

The fire was caused by an electrical fault on a dishwasher.

The care home, which is owned by Barchester Healthcare, provides accommodation, personal care and nursing care for up to 48 older people.

At its last Care Quality Commission inspection, carried out in 2019 and reviewed in 2022, it was given an overall rating of ‘good’.

Barchester Healthcare has been approached for a comment.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More