Home   Stamford   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Barchester Healthcare to investigate after fire at Tixover House Care Home

An investigation will take place after care home residents had to be rescued from a fire.

Residents at Tixover House Care Home were evacuated on Monday night (January 9) during a fire caused by a dishwasher overheating.

Staff were made aware of the fire by the alarm system and called 999 immediately.

Tixover House Care Home. Photo: Google
Tixover House Care Home. Photo: Google

Most of the residents were taken to safety but two bedbound men had to be rescued by firefighters.

They were taken to Peterborough City Hospital after suffering mild smoke inhalation.

A spokesperson for the care home said: "We are very grateful to the emergency services for their support and to the team at the home, who were commended by the fire services for their actions.

"The safety and wellbeing of our residents is our utmost priority and an investigation will be taking place to ascertain all details relating to the incident.”

Seven fire crews attended the incident and put out the blaze in just under four hours.

Police and the East Midlands Ambulance Service were also called.

The care home, which is owned by Barchester Healthcare, provides accommodation, personal care and nursing care for up to 48 older people.

At its last Care Quality Commission inspection, carried out in 2019 and reviewed in 2022, it was given an overall rating of ‘good’.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More